Buddhist Meditation Retreats and Dharma Courses
"The Kagyu Institute of Buddhist Studies (KIBS), offers a place for all levels of students who are looking for a quiet and peaceful centre where they can retreat, study, meditate and practice the Buddhist teachings" - Shangpa Rinpoche (Founder).
Our Retreats and Dharma Courses attract students from all over the world, and are suitable for people at all levels of knowledge and experience. Our classes are all taught in English.
Our teachers (Khenpo's or Rinpoche's) are deeply grounded in tradition, yet are equally able to communicate the teachings to the 'modern mind' - whether of the 'East' or 'West'.
Our courses bridge the gap between theory and practice, and give you tools to make a difference to your lives. Whether it's to deepen your meditation, or your knowledge of the Buddha's teachings, KIBS offers you the ideal environment ...
Latest Courses and Retreats
The Kagyu Institute of Buddhist Studies (KIBS) offers a range of courses, retreats and pilgrimages in a year.
- 3 Days Teaching and Meditation Retreat - Chenrezig Meditation Retreat led by Sang Sang Rinpoche
25 Oct - 27 Oct 2014
- 6 Days Teaching and Meditation Retreat - Mahakala Meditation Retreat led by Dupsing Rinpoche
6 Nov - 11 Nov 2014
- 9 Days Purification Retreat - Nyungne Fasting and Purification Retreat led by Tseyang Rinpoche
12 Nov - 20 Nov 2014
- 7 Days Teaching and Meditation Retreat - Shamatha Meditation Retreat (According to Mahamudra Lineage) led by Shangpa Rinpoche
24 - 39 Nov 2014
- 2 Days Pilgrimage to Guru Rinpoche's Holy Site (Chumig Jangchub) led by Shangpa Rinpoche
01 - 02 Dec 2014
- 7 Days Chod Teaching and Meditation Retreat led by Shangpa Rinpoche
04-10 Dec 2014
- 12 Days Pilgrimage - Following the Footsteps of Buddha (Pilgrimage to the 10 Holy Sites in India and Nepal) led by Shangpa Rinpoche and Kalden Rinpoche
Dates to be confirmed, tentatively 19 Dec - 31 Dec 2014
" May the Buddhadharma - the sole medicine for all suffering and the foundation of all joy - be upheld, honoured and may it remain for a long time.
As long as space endures,
As long as sentient beings remain,
Until then, may I too remain,
And dispel the miseries of the world. "